|Launched||19 May 2009|
|Owned by|| UKTV|
(BBC Worldwide/Scripps Networks Interactive)
|Picture format||16:9, 576i (SDTV)|
|Audience share|| 0.4%|
(July 2012, BARB)
|Slogan||"You couldn't make it up" "Really Gets You"|
|Country|| United Kingdom|
Republic of Ireland
|Sister channel(s)|| Alibi|
|Virgin Media||Channel 267|
|Smallworld Cable||Channel 134|
|TVCatchup||Watch live (UK only)|
Really is a digital television channel broadcasting in the United Kingdom as part of the UKTV family of channels. The channel launched on 19 May 2009 as the UKTV's channel for female lifestyle programming and is available on satellite through Sky, cable services through Virgin Media and Smallworld Cable also on digital terrestrial provider Freeview .
The channel was launched on 19 May 2009 as part of the major rebranding and repositioning of the UKTV network. The new channel was created to provide female programming on the UKTV network, by airing programming previously aired on UKTV Style. As part of the repositioning of UKTV Style to Home, this channel would focus primarily on home and garden programming. As part of this, UKTV Gardens was closed, with programmes merged with Home. The new channel Really would launch from UKTV Gardens' broadcast slot and would replace the channel on that service. Responsible for launching Really would be the channel head: Clare Laycock since July 2008. The channel was originally available only on satellite and cable services, however on 14 June 2011, UKTV announced that Really would launch on Freeview channel 20 on 2 August 2011.
Really's launch identity centred around a pop art style cartoon of women in various situations which as the ident goes on resolved itself into an unusual outcome. At this outcome, the characters are shown with speech bubbles containing the Really logo, which then forms into the centre of the screen. Really uses a generic promotion layout, consisting of the logo starting off the promotion before being located in the bottom right corner of the screen throughout before forming in the centre of the screen, alongside one of the ident characters, at the end.
The majority of Really's programmes come from the programme archives of the BBC, through their part ownership of the UKTV network. Due to a similar remit between the two channels, Really re-broadcasts many programmes previously shown on the channel BBC Three. Some of Really's programmes include:
- "Jane Rogerson and Clare Laycock, UKTV". Broadcast. 5 November 2009. http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/commissioning/the-commissioner/jane-rogerson-and-clare-laycock-uktv/5007691.article.
- "UKTV secures free to air slot for Really, its cutting edge lifestyle channel". UKTV. 14 June 2011. http://uktv.co.uk/network/item/aid/645227.
- "Really May 2009 - Present Idents". The TV Room. http://thetvroom.com/uktv/really-010-id-010.html. Retrieved 28 October 2011.
- "Really May 2009 - Present Promotions". The TV Room. http://thetvroom.com/uktv/really-010-promo-010.html. Retrieved 28 October 2011.
- "UKTV announce Really brand refresh". imediamonkey. 2013-05-10. http://www.imediamonkey.com/2013/05/10/uktv-announce-really-brand-refresh/. Retrieved 2013-05-10.